Sunday, March 27, 2011

Dear Blogspot: That Comment Spam Blocker? Not So Much

Dear Blogspot,


I appreciate your efforts to contain spam.  I trustingly removed the box where you had to type in a word to gain access to the blog comment section after YOU informed me that you had instituted strict new barriers that purported to contain spammer.

I am sorry to inform you of this but it didn't work.   I'm being bombarded with spam comments.

The box must go back.

I am sorry, people.  

I know it's a hassle, but I do love comments, whenever the spirit moves you....

On another topic, I just have one question.

Is this the end times they were talking about?


eta:  okay, I HATE doing that word verification thing.  And it makes me do it too, by the way.  So I'm putting verification on old posts instead.

5 comments:

carolinagirl79 said...

Testing out what it's like to be able to leave comments without that word verification thing.

Dear Lorrie,

You are awesome. Truly, the world is luckier to have someone of your intellect, wit and just general overall fabulousness in it.

You ROCK!!!!

Signed,

Lorrie

carolinagirl79 said...

(sniff)

That was beautiful.

LOVE YA BABE!!!

Anonymous

Karen M. Peterson said...

It's interesting because I usually get bombarded with spam. Like, CRAZY amounts of spam. But it does go to the spam folder in my comments tab. I wouldn't even know about it if I didn't have my blog set up to email me every time I get a comment.

ElisaC said...

Hey Lorrie, your headline says "Dear BlogHer"...but did you mean Blogger? Just want to:

a. Make sure there's nothing we've done/can do.

b. note that if your autocorrect now corrects Blogger to BlogHer, that's pretty awesome ;)

Elisa Camahort Page
BlogHer

carolinagirl79 said...

OOPS ELISA! Sorry!!! Will correct immediately!!!

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs