Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Doom and Gloom Abounds

1962-Dad, me and my grandparents
Oh Hi! Thanks for stopping by.
*****************
We sprung Mom from the Nursing Home due to her pathetic pleas and brought her home to live this weekend, but things are not going well. Now that she's home, she's stopped being pathetically nice and has turned into a tyrant again. She has her caregivers completely cowed. Refused to take her medicine. I stopped by yesterday and practically had to shove it in her mouth. Plus having home caregivers round the clock is simply not affordable for any sustained period of time.
************************
Work is going ok, the kids are doing great, and my sister broke her arm in like three places riding horses last weekend. Then last Tuesday I swerved to avoid a dog in the road while entering the freeway, went off the side, overcorrected, and managed to slam my car into one of those reflector posts. $2,300 damage. $500 deductible.
*****************************
Mom went back to the hospital today for a condition entitled Pyloric Stenosis. I knew about it from reading Manana Banana. It's when your stomach has a very narrow opening which doesn't allow food to enter the intestines. They widened her stomach opening from the size of a finger to the size of a quarter. Now maybe she can eat and gain weight. The procedure was successful and she's already back at home. Maybe now she will perk up some.
*************************
That's about all the cheer I can take for one day, how about you?
***************************
I like the Cymbalta though. That's going ok.
*****************************
More later, ok? Thanks for stopping by.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs