Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Cymbalta

I am not depressed..I am not depressed.....I tell myself.

I have a wonderful job, husband, house, and kids. I'm not terribly bad looking. I'm fairly intelligent.

I have fibromyalgia and guai treatment takes years to really work and a mother sliding into dementia who is currently telling us that she is miserable in her expensive nursing home that I don't know if she can afford after taking a hard look at CD interest rates which are dropping like a jet plane whose engines have died and consist of a major part of mom's income..... while my sister I and I frantically try to figure out how to bring her home while both working demanding jobs plus raising a family and running a home and....

After sobbing uncontrollably during the first two (and only) visits to mom, I have decided to try cymbalta. I don't feel depressed, as in I usually wake up filled with optimism and looking forward to the day ahead. I don't sit around and think about how miserable I am. I love life but...

Sobbing uncontrollably isn't a good thing is it? And when I mean uncontrollably I mean UNCONTROLLABLY. I have been down before. Who hasn't? Once, after being dumped and thrown out of the apartment in New York by my fiance, I was forced to come home to Columbia and I laid on the couch eating Lean Cuisines for three months. I lost 20 lbs. But I never remember sobbing uncontrollably.

Please write me if you've had any experience with Cymbalta. I'm terrified of taking this drug. Askapatient.com has people who love it and people who hate it. People talk about how hard it is to get off Cymbalta. Well, I stopped Paxil cold turkey (I was taking it for shortness of breath which was incorrectly diagnosed as anxiety attacks--it was an early fibromyalgia symptom) and had no problems at all and people talk about Paxil withdrawal like they're talking about being tied up and tortured. People talk about how hard it is to get off Lyrica--well I take it only sporadically and have had no problems.

So we'll see.

No comments:

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs