Sunday, May 04, 2008

Meet Delilah


Sorry for the lack of posting. End of the year frenzy has begun--violin recitals, ballet recitals, extra practices, Madeleine has to do 10 pages of work each night to ready herself for the PAC test (Thanks, No Child Left Behind)....stomach flu, etc.

My mom had a toy poodle named Lucy. When she became unable to care for her, we thought we had a lock on her. But my sister, who bought her in the first place, has claimed her. She assures me that she's keeping her away from the three other dogs, two of whom would enjoy a Lucy snack. But the fever had taken hold and lo and behold, Carolina Poodle Rescue had the perfect dog!

She's a healthy little 14 month old girl toy. Loads of personality.

We visited her today. We're having huge fights over her name. Madeleine wants to name her "Jessica" but I hate the Carly Simon song "Jesse" so that's out. I suggested Sassy. No. I suggested Cara for her caramel covered paws. Her name at this point is Sally. Roger is all for keeping that. But I don't like it--no offense, any Sallys out there. I like Delilah.

Lord KNOWS I don't want any part of single motherhood of ANY beast, human or otherwise, but at least you do get to pick names. If we had a son, I wanted to name him Beauregard. "Beau" or "Bo" for short. Roger about had a seizure at the thought. Of course, he's a Yankee, and doesn't really understand anything about the Glorious South. Never mind that he's lived here for 47 years, once a Yankee, always a Yankee. Damn Yankees. (Just kidding, honey! Sort of) We'd probably still be calling a son "Kid", so I guess it's a good thing our baby making/adopting days are over with.Posted by Picasa

No comments:

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs