Monday, October 17, 2005

I Hope You Daaannnce.....Part One

The Backstory

Our kids attend a private school that offers in-house ballet lessons. On Sunday attendees at the South Carolina State Fair had the opportunity to watch two promising young dancers take to the stage, and one frazzled, cursing mom make an absolute fool of herself.

Madeleine played the "Sun" and was lifted in the air by "Clouds". Meredith was a "Country Dancer."

Part One: The Preparation

"Stop jumping around like a monkey!" I scream as I attempt to blow-dry and curl hair and apply makeup.

"AAAHHHHH!!! Don't make my hair hot!" they whimper as I plug in the curling iron. "Sorry kids, but you must suffer for beauty. Remember when you got to watch Mommy scream in agony getting her upper lip waxed?" I muse philosophically. "Meredith! Get back in here!" I scream as one of the inmates tries to escape the asylum.

"Hold still and let me put on some blush," I murmur agitatedly.

"You don't have to use any of your makeup Mom," Madeleine generously offers. "Here is my Barbie makeup kit."

"AAAAAAHHHH!" I scream. "No Barbie Makeup! Don't you TOUCH that kit!"

(See above photo for the dazzling results of Barbie Makeup in the hands of a 6 year old. Sunglasses are suggested. Not responsible for any dizziness or hallucinations experienced during viewing of picture)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She looks fabulous!!!! Show her this.

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs