Friday, November 12, 2010

Sex, Sick Pedophiles, Selling Sensation, And Stinging Smackdown


So people are rising up to defend a man who published a guide to pedophilia....The Pedophile's Guide To Love And Pleasure.

hmmm.  It started when Cecily tweeted that a friend had tipped her off about the book and has become a media sensation.  Cecily received death threats for doing so and has been accused of "irresponsible tweeting."    I disagree.   I think it's good that this book has been dragged into the hot white glare of public scrutiny.

People are furious at Amazon for selling the book in the first place and are calling for a boycott of all Amazon products.

Check out Twitter and type in #Amazonfail
*redhazeforms*

I started to try to write a reasoned, logical post about this last night and I gave up.   Memories, like the corners of my mind.  Misty water colored memories.

Of the way it was.

Kept getting in the way.

ATTEMPT TO BE REASONABLE

The First Amendment guarantees freedom of the press.   Okay.  Yay for freedom of the press.  However, the United States Supreme Court has ?written many opinions shooting holes in the First Amendment.  So if I were briefing a case on the matter, I would not rest upon the sanctity of the First Amendment.  They've restricted many forms of "free expression" in the past.   

CENSORSHIP

So Avitable thinks that it's a bad thing to censor a book instructing pedophiles how to avoid being clapped into jail or at least get "liter" sentences.  (misspelling by the author of this little treatise on how to seduce kids).

Why?

THE RED HAZE IS BACK

I stopped practicing law because I was being deluged with orders to represent alleged child molesters.    Practicing attorneys are ordered to represent these people or face jail time/disbarment themselves.  Lovely.

Let me just share a few fond memories.

I was ordered to represent a man who not only raped his 7 year stepdaughter, but also sold tickets to customers waiting their turn to rape her.

I was ordered to represent a man who lured hundreds of boys back to his apartment to smoke pot and watch porn movies, then talked a few of them into having a sexual relationship with him.  He took pictures for his scrapbook. 

You know, the ones you have on the shelves to look at with your grandchildren by a crackling fire on a Hallmark commercial?

I was ordered to represent a man whose four year old stepchild drew a picture of a man with an erect organ and "funny, cloudy stuff" shooting out of it.

I was ordered to represent a man who allegedly raped his paraplegic 17 year old nephew in front of the Christmas tree.  There were bruises.  Nasty bruises.

I did an adoption for a mom who conceived a child in a disco, paternity unknown.  The lights were low, you see.  When her child "Nancy" was 2 she married a guy who was the child's  only father figure.  Nancy called him Daddy.   The man's grown children alerted DSS and a thorough investigation was begun.   Nancy,  age 12, swore six ways and sideways that nothing had ever happened except that her Daddy came in the bathroom one day and, seeing that she had just stepped out of the shower, handed her a towel.

When the judge pronounced the words, "Miss Nancy, you are now the official daughter of Mr. Smith," Nancy jumped up, ran to him, and threw her arms around him.  The whole courtroom choked back a tear.

Two years later the mother called me.

"Um....Miss Lorrie...."

"Hey, how are you?"

"Well I want to string up Mr. Smith."

"wha....?"

"Nancy just told me that he had been cornholing her since she was six year old! But she loved him and didn't want to upset me....."

"um...what is cornholing?"

Look it up.

I was called one day by a woman who frantically told me that her 6 year old son had reported that his grandfather had raped him and the case was being tried begining in two hours.   She asked me to represent her son. 

Social Services had assured her that "Sammy" would not have to testify, but had changed their minds and wanted to call him to the stand that afternoon.  I told her that I would charge $250 to take the case to trial for her.

I drove to the courthouse where her son was cleaning himself up after he had vomited and soiled his pants.    I asked her for the money.  She handed it to me in tens and twenties and said,

"Well, there goes Sammy's Christmas money."

I went home, typed up my resume, and found a job in another field.

I don't want to live in a world where supposedly reasonable adults justify selling a book helping perverts have sex with children by screaming "censorship!"

So what?  So it's censored.  So freaking what?  So maybe some kid gets to celebrate his or her 18th birthday without grisly memories.

I want to live in a world where a  mainstream company would refuse to sell a book like this.   Call me a prude if you want, but....

I don't want Sammy's Christmas money.


pedophiles
The Pedophile's Guide To Love And Pleasure
Amazonfail
censorship
cecily
child molester

No comments:

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs