Friday, April 02, 2010

Dear Dooce: Our Biological Mothers Didn't Keep Us.


Dear Dooce:

I read your post.

You said:

"And oh, I do. I take it. And I want to thank you for it. Because it has forced me to take a look at myself and how I treat other people. Because all the shit and misinformed waah-waah-waahing that is aimed at my head has made it so that I will first, before anything else, give someone the benefit of the doubt, and second, never treat anyone the way I have been treated. Never speak about someone the way people speak about me. Especially in a public forum."

And I remember reading this post:

"I'm here at the Mom 2.0 Summit in downtown Houston and will be speaking on a keynote tomorrow morning about revisions to our operating system and how to make Mom 2.1 even more reliable. It involves a lot of late night talking and drinking with friends I don't get to see very often with accompanying exclamations like, "See?! This is why China sometimes keep their female children!"

You had to be there.

I guess you did.  Have to be there, that is.

You see, I'm just an obscure blogger in a small city in South Carolina.   I guess I don't get it.   Sometimes....I feel pain.  Yes!   And it's not funny!  It hurts!

Because, on a February morning in 1959, I was abandoned by my mother.  

She didn't keep me!

And I adopted two children from China and you know what?  Their moms didn't keep them either!  I don't know why.  They're pretty cute and nice and sweet and smart.  But one day they'll ask me why their biological mother didn't keep them.  And I imagine that they'll suffer that pain throughout their life.   You'll never know, nor will you care.   Hey, it was just a funny throwaway line.

Abandoned.   Three female children.

I read your post when you wrote it and I burned.  I burned.  But I figured it would be a waste of time and just plain dangerous to fight you.  Because I don't have a Lorrie Army.   

Go ahead and call for wrath upon my head.  Go ahead.  Take your best shot.  I'm ready for the accusations.   I'm crazy, I'm jealous, I'm a H8tr.

I'm just wondering if you think that was a respectful and kind way to refer to children who aren't kept by their biological mothers.

Sincerely and without hatred,

Lorrie

No comments:

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs