Well, I hear there was a devastating earthquake in Haiti. Did you hear about it?I wrote my last blog post and felt like the biggest whiny twit in the world after I heard about the heartbreaking destruction in one of the poorest groups on earth. I have been avoiding the news, as I'm depressed enough already.
There's a Facebook page now devoted to "Bring Home Haiti's Orphans." I want to address that briefly. This does not mean kids who have just lost their parents. This is for people who have already begun the paperwork to adopt a child already placed in an orphanage in Haiti and are afraid that their paperwork will languish as the government, such as it is, works to bring order of our chaos. So please look for it on FB and join if you can.
I chose this picture because it makes me happy and CORNBALL CORNBALL CORNBALL OBVIOUS OBVIOUS OBVIOUS FLASH FLASH FLASH yes, what a time to pour my heart out to you about this rough time in my life.
That is Callie up there on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa Claus to bring her doggie treats.
I don't have a thing interesting or thought provoking to say about this devastating earthquake or Conan O'Brian being thrown out after 7 months of hilarious shows. Somewhere, I believe Johnny Carson is doing revolutions in his resting place.
I can't even think of an interesting way to tie all this together except that tomorrow Conan and I will be able to eat healthy food and drink potables and so we're both lucky.
It seems like a terrible time to write my next installment entitled "Entitled Middle Class Girl Gets Devastating Autoimmune Disorder, loses job, and has access to excellent medical care and a roof over her head."
I....really can't think of anything else to say except that this is a tough planet to live (or die) on.










No comments:
Post a Comment