Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cue Yer Tiny Violins

Cue the violins and pull up a chair,
So I can tell you how life isn't fair.
****
****
No, I cannot explain why I've taken to verse,
I'm no Emily Dickinson. I'm much much much worse.
****
****
The earthquake in Haiti has shown the spotlight
On people who live in a miserable plight
And if you can explain my question of why,
I wish that you would. I can't even try.
****
*****
How can I sit on my first world posterior
And complain all the time how my life is inferior.
But what do you say when you have a young child,
Who made Honors Orchestra!!!! and makes us so proud.
****
*****
The first rehearsal my eyes were a' brimming,
Until they said something about Orlando and swimming.
And what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a schedule and costs that made me faint, near.
****
****
FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS? Why it might be as well
Be a million. Oh Law, my heart fell.
****
****
Yes, yes, my dear readers, I think you heard right.
In May a greyhound will cruise through the night
And SIXTH GRADERS to Orlando will go.
Can they stay with relatives? Oh no no no no.
****
****
I'd put up a Paypal but for one small thing.
I'd rather pawn my diamond ring.
****
****
But oh my dear readers, if you'd be so kind
And click a few times? Could you, would you mind?
Leave your blog address and I'll click you back,
And thank you so much from this talentless hack.

No comments:

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs