Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cool Baby Stuff

So Mom is in the hospital. She's not fatally ill (except with Alzheimer's). They're running tests on her innards, but everything is coming back ok. My sister and I are scouting nursing homes. It's been a stressful week (to put it mildly).
***********************
Therefore, I shall distract myself with something fun, which is reviewing a couple of things I got from Team Mom. I had to wait until I had contact with a real life toddler, but one showed up at work yesterday so I tried the various goodies on her. Ok, the first thing we have is a Baby Jamz Music Crew and a mini boom box. Tacy was less than enthralled with the tiny figures--she picked them up and examined them briefly before throwing them on the floor--but the boom box fascinated her. She kept turning it around and around in her hands and also carried it around with her after I tried to retrieve it. Tacy says yes to the boom box, and I'm sure she'll appreciate the figures more when she gets older.
These Baby Jamz Key Chains were the star of the occasion. She loved them. She entered the room holding her mom's key chain and when I gave these to her she looked sadly at her mom and handed the inferior key chains back to her, clearly feeling pity that mom didn't have a set like these.

She liked the music, also. Her mom was given the CD as a gift to play and reported great success with naps and soothing. These really are catchy little tunes, especially for a parent like me who suffered through years of Blarney and the Giggles. (Names changed to protect the innocent). Moe and Leve from Green's Clues will always have a special place in my heart and an open request to visit my home and pick out my clues, though.
**********
The three items were donated to Tacy after my review.
*****************
Ok, well, that's all for now. I would like to say that entertaining a toddler was the highlight of my week. Seeing new life after dealing with the harsh realities of a life in its "sunset period" (I have been touring too many nursing homes lately--they are masters of euphemisms!). Simply put, my mom was starving and dehydrating herself to death thanks to the cruel realities of a brain that has been decimated by Alzheimer's and if she hadn't gone to hospital she probably would be in a slumber chamber (funeral home euphemism) right now. Or, like my dearly departed Dad used to say more bluntly, she'd be pushing up daisies right now.
********************
Later, gators. Thanks for all the loving emails and comments. They keep me going. Seriously. Love you guys.

No comments:

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs