Here we are at the end of Madeleine's first ballet recital. She was three. Now she is 9 going on 29 and says she hates ballet. Well, that's a blog post for another day. Here I am, radiant in the glow of new motherhood, healthy and happy. Somehow I knew one day I would stricken with my own monster to deal with, which I why I have been saving money industriously since I was five years old. But that's a blog post for another day. Here's Mom, with her own monster lurking inside her genetic code, but beaming with pride. The signs were there even 6 years ago that something wasn't quite right, but Mom has always been a little, well, weird. But that's a blog post for another day.
I just wanted to tell you that I made it through ok. Don't know why I was so freaked. Anyone who has babies and dogs knows that you deal with plenty of bodily fluids and functions.
"Why, this is nothing," I beamed as I administered the enema. "I should have gone to medical school instead of law school."
"I wish you had," sighed Mom.
"I didn't want to deal with those long Biology and Chem labs in college," I laughed.
"Those what?"
Mom received a B.S. in Biology from the University of North Carolina.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment