I whipped out my Disney credit card containing Disney Dollars. We've been using the card since 2005 and had accumulated $851 Disney Dollars. (one penny for each dollar spent on the card) I asked the nice guy at the window how much 5 day passes for 2 adults and 2 children cost.
"Oh, about $800."
I was thrilled, but my sister in law warned me to ask about how long the passes were good for.
"Fourteen days."
"Ok, how much for the passes if they are good forever."
"One thousand doll....That's all I heard before I passed out.
"We'll take four (2 adults, 2 kids) three day 'good forever' passes, please," my husband piped up while simultaneously trying to prop up my sagging body. "How much are those?"
"$880." We handed over the credit card and received four three day "good forever " passes for the sum of $29.00 plus our Disney Dollars. Oh it was sweet!!!
Then we rented a wheelchair for $10.00, which was the best ten dollars I ever spent. EVAH.
While the Magic Kingdom is expensive, one look at the kids faces made it all worthwhile.
Actually she was peeved (to say the least) because we did the Haunted Mansion. By all the gods, she is 9 years old and in the FOURTH GRADE and should understand that it's all just fantasy play. She spent the entire ride buried in the nether regions of my armpits.
And learned to smile. Ah, yes, we must make the children happy. I believe that children are our future...treat them well and let them lead the way show them all the beauty they posess in side...give them a sense of pride...ooops sorry the painkillers are talking.
Was I embarassed to use the wheelchair, especially since I can walk perfectly well, I can skip, I can even run. But I have fibromyalgia and I can't do it for long distances. Lord, did I feel like a phony!!!!
*************************************
Especially since you can cut the lines using a wheelchair. There are special entrances for the handicapped. "Can you transfer?" asked the solicitious Disney employees. They meant can you get out of the chair and board the rides. Yes, I can, and did. Geez, I felt like the worst fraud ever. I reminded myself of all the times I have glared at "perfectly healthy" people getting out of cars with handicapped stickers. You can not always tell if a person needs a handicapped parking sticker. Or a wheelchair.
*************************
The "cast members" at the park just could not have been nicer. Especially since many of them heard my treatise on fibromyalgia while we waited to board the rides under the special cut lines. "Well you see the reason that I'm using the chair is that I have fibromyalgia. I can walk, but I can't walk far, and by the way do you have any relatives with it? Because I have a treatment theory I'd like to share with you....Man I feel guilty using this special line, but you see I really CAN'T WALK LONG DISTANCES..."
*************************
"Why here comes the ride!" they exclaimed with sincere relief and joy.










5 comments:
as much as i hate disney it is also my very best favorite place to take connor. the hate is for all the gift shops you have to walk thru with a small child after about every ride...the love is how nice the people are, how clean the park is and the very best of all...BUZZ LIGHTYEAR SPIN!!!! one year we rode on it 20 times in one day. kris
Ah, the look on the children's faces, and that picture is PRICELESS!
My son had the same look on his face, too! Especially if we weren't doing something he wanted to do.
My MIL works at Disney--"It's showtime!" is really their motto and is everywhere in the cast member areas and all members are to be happy & polite to guests--or they are let go.
The short line for those in wheelchairs, etc, is great. We've never used it, but really, is everyone having fun while someone who could ride has to sit out cause the chair won't fit through the maze? Glad you and your family had fun!
O.M.G. I would have had a stroke after hearing the admission fees. I never realized that the Magic Kingdom was so expensive!
My kids looked like that at the beginning of the trip as well. Grim faces, bored expressions. By the end they were petitioning to move into Disney World! What a great vacation you must have had - and here's to Disney Points!
Post a Comment