"Madeleine, guess what? Tomorrow is your Sing and Play In Chinese Class."
"I hate it."
"But you're CHINESE!"
"Big deal."
"You should be very proud of being Chinese."
(Deeming this unworthy of even wasting her precious breath to comment aloud, she returns to Nancy Drew And The Screwy Clock in The Castle or some such title)
"Guess what? Someday we'll visit your homeland, China!"
"Big deal."
"Don't you want to speak to people in Chinese?"
"No."
"Don't you want to go back and see where you were born?"
"I'd rather go to the beach."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











12 comments:
Heheheh. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, eh?
LOL I looove Madeleine. She really does have the best come backs!!!
I have a cousin who was adopted from Korea. She went back to Korea with her mother her senior year, on the plane back she said "Ok, Mom are you done with all the Korea stuff now?"
Well then take her to the beach in China..that'll show her LOL
I like LaLa's idea. :D
Ask her again when she's 19. Right now, she's too busy being an almost-adolescent. (Gasp! When did that happen?!)
That's a lovely pic of her. Did you know she looks like you? That's very odd, but she does. At least in that pic.
I like the beach also
Remind me, how old is Madeline?
Trying to figure out how much time I've got left.
take her to china beach...of course that is in vietnam. stayed on it when we were picking up connor. i know all chinese adopted children are supposed to take all the chinese speech/dance classesbut i think sometimes it is overkill. i know if my parents had ruined every stinking saturday of my life dragging me to danish classes i would have never forgiven them. and i am now 52 and i still would have held a grudge. kris
Hi, found your blog through TBD Happenings. Have been reading through all your latest posts. LOVE IT! Love the comments your daughter has too. We've only been home almost 1 month with our toddler, but I've btdt with the other 5 grown children we have. :0)
LOL, what to look forward to. Glenys is on a beach kick too and I hate the beach. Well, so much for that.
Beverly
Uh-oh. Looks like a little early Bershon coming on. lolol Ah... the pre-teen years...
I also noticed that she looked like you but thought it was many too silly to mention. But now I know I'm not the only one to notice; it's there. :)
Welcome to Tweendom, when they are practicing hard to be teenagers. I hear it only gets worse from here. If you forbade her from taking Chinese lessons, she'd covet them.
But Madeleine is growing up fast, and looking lovelier every day.
Madeleine rocks! Take her to the beach ;-)
Post a Comment