Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Now I Know How Picasso's Mom Felt

Those of you who read me should figure out that I am being deadly serious when I say that I lovingly threw out daycare artwork proudly presented to me by the kids as fast as I do week old tuna casserole.

I saved a few pieces every year in their memory boxes of course, but macaroni displays of their name surrounded by amateurish scribbling that looks like a TODDLER did it? ( Maybe because a toddler did do it?) In the attic or in the dumpster.

I framed this piece done by Ms. Meredith in the second grade and picked for display in the local school district offices because I LOVE IT. I think she's super talented!!!! She created it when she was 8 years old. It was my birthday present to myself. I used an old frame and glass of mom's and just paid for the mat.

Each year, out of hundreds of entries, her pieces are picked for display in the school district offices. I hope the district realizes that they have the next Michelangelo on their hands. And that her agent will be taking 10% of the proceeds to finance a decent nursing home.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs