

Pres-ti-jus colleges are redlining Asian students? You have to have higher scores and sixteen more activities to get into one of the Fancy Schmancy Skools?
****
****
Let me tell you I have a problem with this, sort of on the magnitude of the problem communicated to Houston by the astronauts on Apollo 13.
****
****
My girls came from impoverished orphanages. They had to learn a new language with completely different sounds just at the time their tiny brains were being hard wired to prepare to speak.
****
****
I'm prepared for them to be judged by the content of their character and the achievements, grades and scores that they rack up. I'm not prepared, nor am I at all reconciled, to the idea that they will face discrimination because of their race.
****
****
Do they have to check the "ethnicity" box on their applications?










No comments:
Post a Comment