Letter to God
Ahem. Hey, God. I know you're busy what with all the misery on the planet and I'm grateful that we were blessed with an adorable puppy but I could have done without Saturday.
****
****
Since You know all about it, I guess I'll tell you guys.
****
****
Spike suddenly began having an epileptic seizure.
Then he threw up.
****
****
Then he had another seizure.
Then he threw up.
****
****
Then he had another seizure.
Then he threw up.
****
*****
I held him and talked to him. I was calm. I've been through this trainride through hell before. My first poodle son Nicky had terrible seizures. They're depressingly common in purebred and almost-purebreds. They look terrifying, but after the first hundred or so, you get used to them. I didn't want to get a dog from a backyard breeder in the first place, free or not, but...I hoped that the fact that he wasn't a purebred would help out.
****
****
Sort of like getting used to having bombs dropped on your house. Not.
****
****
I did some research and discovered that vets are now using phenobarbitol and valium to treat seizures. Back 15 years ago, nobody suggested anything except just living with them. So I guess we'll be looking into treatment options.
****
*****
Poodle daughter Cassie had one--once. It was the day after my dad died. We scooped her up and ran to the vet's office, and he said that there was nothing he could do. She never had another one.
****
*****
We'll switch to an all natural dog food (I TOLD Roger to buy it in the first place, fer Gawd' sake) and get the lil fella to a vet.
****
****
He was due for his second booster shots yesterday. Something, and I swear I don't know what, but SOMETHING told me not to take him in for them. That might have saved his life.
****
****
No, I don't think he got into anything. He isn't a big one for eating stuff, just chewing on it, and I don't know of any poisonous...wait. We just brought in the outdoor plants. Well, I'll have to check to see, but I don't think he's chewed on any of them....
****
****
Please send up a prayer or vibe for the little guy if you will.











No comments:
Post a Comment