Friday, October 30, 2009

GONNA FLY NOW





Warning: Shameless Bragging Ahead

I mean it!

I'm not kidding!!

You're going to want to

come through the computer

and punch me!!


2nd report card time. Both kids came home with straight As, Honor Roll.

Madeleine was about as excited as if I had announced that she would be getting an extra penny added to her allowance. Look, I'm simply stating a fact here: Somehow the Universe dropped a genius in our laps. The words "we are offering your child a full academic scholarship to a private kindergarten" "Harvard bound" " "She should start her college courses next summer" have been bandied about her tiny head since she weighed 30 lbs. Teachers have said this to her face. We don't. We don't dance around the house with her on our shoulders singing and praising the deities. It is what it is. We praise hard work.
****
*****
Although I surely could use a plastic surgeon in the family.
****
*****
I just included a few shots of past awards; she could paper a wall. (See the old picture of little kids holding awards? Meredith had to hold Madeleine's extra ones. The cup she's holding is hers)
****
*****
Big deal, so could I, and look at my incredible life achievements. I'm a small town lawyer gal, with a teaching gig, and I'm happy as a pig in the mud. Teachers extolled my limitless future once upon a time. However, my speed boat to success foundered upon the rocky shoals of "Borderline Remedial" Math SAT shores. A polite way of saying "This young student is doing well if she can add 2 and 2 together and arrive at the correct answer of 5."

It's just this simple. Madeleine is smart. She's smart, but it's her life, and she can choose her path. As long as she has friends other than her parole officer who observes that her methadone treatment seems to be working when she's an adult, and as long as she spends her days doing things that bring her joy, that's success enough for me.

Oh BWAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, okay, there's a little part of me that isn't quite as sensible and frighteningly stage motherish, but I put HER in a box and shove her into a locked steel cage in the back of my mind along with " Terrible Old Boyfriends Who Do Not Have This Blog Address So I'm Not Talking About You Okay?", "The Girl Who Once Told Me I Had Bad Breath" and "The Time I Ran A Fish Hook Into My Big Toe."

Now, let's go to the REALLY important news.

MEREDITH CAME HOME WITH STRAIGHT A HONOR ROLL!

THIS IS HER SECOND GRADED REPORT CARD EVER. THEY DON'T START GIVING GRADES HERE UNTIL 3rd GRADE.

MEREDITH IS THRILLED.

TODAY SHE FINALLY REALIZED THAT SHE IS A SMART KID!!!

MOMMY AND DADDY ARE THRILLED.

SNOOPY DANCE AND FREE MARGARITAS FOR ALL!!!!!!

(cue theme music from Rocky)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs