Tuesday, July 22, 2008

There Is A Cure For The Summertime Blues

This picture pretty much says it all about life Chez Clueless. We saw this house one day in 1995 with a huge pool and, ignoring the fact that it needed thousands of dollars worth of repairs and updating, bought it on the spot. Now, thirteen years later, we are old and gray (and poor) and we are entertaining the entire neighborhood of pre-adolescents. Oh the drama! I feel like the doorman at one of those fancy clubs in NYC. ARE YOU ON THE LIST TODAY?
'Cause see, you have to get past the doorgirls, Madeleine and Meredith, in order to use the pool. And if you aren't on the list, you are not permitted entry into the Gates Of Heaven. I can't keep up with it. Suffice to say that I completely ignore the house phone at this point, for it's either Tiffany or Morgan or Drake or Josh wanting to know if they can come over and swim, or it's somebody informing me that my HVAC system will probably self-detonate unless their most excellent servicemen are granted an appointment to service it.
And last week they were all at Tiffany's party, see, and Kayleigh STOLE FOUR GIFT BAGS. So like, totally, Kayleigh was persona non grata for like, a whole week. Kayleigh had accidentally left some clothing at the house and I had to hand it to her while she was standing at the fence forlornly watching the favored ones frolic in the briny deep. I think they made up with her, but while I was cleaning the house I found a piece of paper under the sofa that said
I HATE KAYLEIGH
I HATE KAYLEIGH
I HATE KAYLEIGH
What's next? A voodoo doll?
And Madeleine wants to sleep over at Tiffany's and so does Meredith, but then Meredith calls us at 11:00PM sobbing that she needs to come home, so both of them came home. Pffft. Should have told her that they don't let you out of boot camp that easily and made her suck it up I guess.
So, what's up with me? Well, I went to this pain doctor hoping to score some legal narcs, and instead he bounces in the room like a ping-pong and informs me that he has the CURE for fibromyalgia and puts me on 6 different drugs, nothing delightfully naughty, alas.... mostly anti yeast stuff, and I have to go in 2x a week to be on a TENS machine that does seem to help. He did give me a great epidural spinal injection that took away every bit of pain for a whole week. Wow, was that trippy. We will see. Stay tuned to this channel for further updates.
And the best news of all is that Mom is doing great in her new nursing home and I tried a psychic who claims she can get into the heads of people who can't really communicate any more and I'll be darned but she came up with some amazing hits on mom. Plus she coached me on how to transition her with a minimum of trauma and it worked. So Terry, thanks!!
It's 7 million degrees here in SC. Really surprising news, seeing as how it's July and all.
And that is about all the news that is fit to print. Hope everybody is having a good summer.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Welshie said...

I am so envious! I am in the UK and honestly, we get 2 days of sunshine and then 8 days of rain, 2 days of sunshine....it is neverending and then it is winter again. So depressing! I would love to live where you are!! AND you have a pool!!!!

Debbie in the UK

Anonymous said...

I have been reading lately on the effectiveness of Vitamin D for joint pain including fibromyalgia pain. Having been suffering with severe joint pain off and on for the past year without any clear diagnosis I figured it couldn't hurt. After 3 weeks I realized this week I am not waking up feeling like someone threw me down the stairs in the middle of the night. Trying doing a search on Vitamin D and joint pain. Some of the news is really recent.

Glad to hear your mom is adjusting. Hope you have some time to catch your breath a bit.

Miss Cellania said...

Oh, that is great news about the cure... I sure hope it works!

carolinagirl79 said...

Anon, one of the drugs he prescibed for me was prescription Vitamin D. I felt great when I was taking it. It was only a week's supply, so I've run out and I do notice that I'm not feeling quite as good.

Anonymous said...

I am so tickled to read such an upbeat post from you, and we've never met!

I can just picture the pool admission antics. I love swimming and used to say I wanted a pool of my own some day.

While I like to think I get outside in the Colorado sunshine regularly enough that additional Vitamin D isn't necessary, this makes me wonder if I should try it and see how I feel. I can only assume that glucosamine and fish oil are helping the arthritis that I think I have (and for which I sometimes take Aleve before bed); I haven't gone without them for more than a day in many years. But Vitamin D? It couldn't hurt, could it?

<-- Wonders what kind of dose would provide joint pain relief.

Unknown said...

I found this site called http:// www.URAJerk.com maybe you can use it. It seems to help get me through the issues of dealing with some of the jerks I know. At least I can vent about these jerks, plus I get a kick out of sending them some cards.

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs