

You want US to support you one day? ROFLOL
When I get older losing my hair,
Many years from now.
Will you still be sending me a valentine
Birthday greetings bottle of wine.
If I'd been out till quarter to three
Would you lock the door,
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four?
You'll be older too,
And if you say the word,
I could stay with you.
I could be handy, mending a fuse
When your lights have gone.
You can knit a sweater by the fireside
Sunday mornings go for a ride.
Doing the garden,
digging the weeds,
Who could ask for more.
Will you still need me,
will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four.
Every summer we can rent a cottage
In the Isle of Wight
if it's not too dear
We shall scrimp and save
Grandchildren on your knee
Vera, Chuck & Dave
-The Beatles "When I'm 64"
THE BILLS ARE ARRIVING FOR MOM.
IN HOME CARE: $14,000/ month.
NURSING HOME CARE: $5400/month
Wanna know what Roger's pension is after retiring fully vested under the State of South Carolina? 25 years service? I don't mind telling you. I've never understand why we all feel we need to be so secretive about money. $1400/month.
Projected Social Security income: $900/month. We'll be getting that in 7 years.
BABYBOOMERS, TREMBLE IN FEAR!!!!!!
"They" predict that one day there will be 2 workers for every 1 person on Social Security. Do you see our children and our children's children eagerly chipping in for mum and dad's rheumatism medicine, nursing home care, in home care, etc?
I DON'T. Furthermore, I DON'T WANT MY KIDS TO HAVE TO SUPPORT ME. As Suze Orman says, all I want to have to ask for is more time with my grandchildren.
Mom and Dad worked very hard to save for their future. If only mom had checked one little box on her nursing home insurance application:
"Inflation premium".
'Cause she is getting $50/a day.
My mom has enough money to last her for the rest of her life, if I carefully manage it, I think. I hope. Mom and Dad worked really hard to save for their retirement. They didn't factor in Alzheimer's, though.
I'm not putting forward anything new here, I know. Zillions of economists are predicting the same thing. Basically, we baby boomers are going to have to work a lot longer than our parents, pay for our own Depends, and the ones who don't are going to be placed in some hellish care facility that makes Alcatraz look like Club Med.
Well, I'm waking up now. I just increased my 401K contributions to $300/month from $100/month and we do already live extremely frugally.
Plus, read this book.

Nobody's paying me to recommend it. But I can honestly say that this book changed my life. I was already doing some things right (no credit card debt) but she's got a lot more stuff that I never thought about.
Face it guys. We had to fight to get into college, we had to fight to get jobs, we are now having to fight to put gas in our car, and we're going to have to fight to support ourselves till the day we go to that great BabyBoomer crib in the sky.










No comments:
Post a Comment