Sunday, July 27, 2008

Vitamin D And Me

A couple of you guys have written me about Vitamin D. I'll tell you all I know about it which is precious little. As you can tell from the picture, I could easily play Casper The Friendly Ghost without makeup. I gave up tanning when I was 13. All I wanted was please God if you could just make my legs one degree darker than the rest of my body so I could show my friends my "awesome tan" on the first day of school while wearing my short shorts. This time of year I can go out without sunscreen and my nose will turn Ted Kennedy red in 5 minutes. So you can see I gave up tanning and turned to other vices to age ungracefully, such as smoking, drinking, and promiscuous.....what? You think I'm telling you all the good stuff? Not till the book contract is signed babee.

Last summer I was diagnosed with a Vitamin D deficiency and took 50,000 units per day. That's the prescription dosage and it only lasted for a week or two. The new doctor I'm seeing prescribed the same thing for a week. I did feel great that week, but I suspect it had a lot more to do with the epidural spinal injection than it did with the Vitamin D. I take 2,000 units a day regularly.

Ok, that's it. Consult a licensed healthcare provider for more info! They can run a test for it which is pretty cheap--I think.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs