Q&A:
So how are you doing?
Well, first of all, I'm overwhelmed with gratitude for all the loving messages and support. Thank you.
I'm still sore--joint aches-- but it will take some time. Maybe three months! I'm able to function though even though I hate taking painkillers. I feel like a wimp.
You're not taking HORMONES are you? Don't they cause breast cancer?
Have all your hormones removed--go from 70 miles an hour to zero instantly--and get back to me on how that is going.
Also, did you know that testosterone feeds the growth of prostate cancer? Direct link established by impeccable research. It's a fact that most all men will get some form of prostate cancer some day if they live long enough.... Any men out there up for having their testosterone producing organs removed?
Please see this study--"No added breast cancer risk for estrogen only replacement therapy after hysterectomy."
This was also supported by the famous study by WHI that convinced many women to give up hormone therapy. Please note that the women who had an increase in breast cancer/strokes were taking both progestins and estrogen, not just estrogen.
Please see this study from the Mayo Clinic (a reputable bunch, no?) that predicts a 70% increase in mortality for women in my age group in my situation WITHOUT estrogen therapy. Yes, you read that right. A SEVENTY PERCENT INCREASE IN MORTALITY.
Here's a book written by a professor of medicine at Harvard--that is cautiously in favor of moderate hormone replacement therapy for younger women.
Even women with the awful genes for breast cancer can take hormone replacement after this surgery.
Ok, so what next?
I want to go to Disney World. I want to take some pictures. I want to repaint the family room. I want to comment on the idea that a glass of wine at a playdate is tantamount to smoking crack while entertaining gentleman callers while your neglected baby cries in a rickety crib. I want to forget about this for awhile.
Soon I will!










5 comments:
All I can say is "Get Better Soon!" and "Take it Easy!"
Do what is best for you! HP makes me not want to cry or kill someone from one minute to the next.
Hope you feel better soon.
Keep smilin!
Hmm, glad to hear the latest on the research, which I did not know. Sounds like you are way ahead of the cancer game anyway, and under the care of docs who know what they are doing. You'll get to do those things soon, although you'll need all the strength you can muster for a Disney trip!
So glad you are feeling better!
Geez, where have I been??? I am so sorry to hear you have been going through all this. Glad you don't have cancer and the the RA isn't back.
Desiree
Post a Comment