Monday, December 04, 2006

Christmas Toys From My Childhood


Never opened. I wonder why not?


Hello, Operator...

This still makes cool noises when you pull it around the house. Not that *I* personally do that, of course.

The car that defined a generation.

Posted by Picasa

Every year my parents packed up a few toys from my childhood and put them away with the Christmas ornaments. Here are a couple of them!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, what na cute idea. I love the little train!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely idea!

Anonymous said...

I am so stealing that idea! Your parnets rock!

DonnaT65

Avalon said...

That is the coolest idea!

Anonymous said...

Wow! how cool :) I wish I had some toys from my childhood - maybe I should do that for my children!!

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea! Wonder what you could get for those on e-bay?

Anonymous said...

You do have wonderful parents. That is so cool to have those. My mother did not do anything so sentimental and special.. no.. she just saved everything! Everything that has come into the house since 1970 is still there in the attic or garage somewhere.

Anyone want some Avon aftershave bottles?

Anonymous said...

When I teased dd tonight that perhaps she had too many toys in her room she said she didn't want to give any away-she wants to save them all for her babies. I told her that is how I felt when I was her age (4.5) and I saved my dollcrib and high chair for the daughter I dreamed of. I just didn't know at 4 I'd travel to the other side of the world someday to become a mom. BTW she thinks my brown wooden doll furniture is a bit boring and would prefer something pink or purple!

brainhell said...

Nice!

Anonymous said...

God that is a BRILLIANT idea! It is such a trip to see those old toys. I still have a couple of well loved dolls but that's about it.

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs