After praying and fasting, we all piled in the car to go to Tar-ghey in a search for the elusive Moon Sand.
No luck, but I did find...
Magnetix! A total stranger and I high-fived.
The kids were with us, so Roger kept them in Foods, genially agreeing to whatever sugar-filled snack they requested (they were surprised and pleased, as we're generally pretty sugar free) while I grabbed a second cart and tripped off to Toys. I found a few things on my list and ever so discretely grabbed a couple of large towels from Housewares and covered the toys.
The kids were fine with this. In fact, Madeleine pulled me aside and whispered in that voice that strangers use to tell you about a wardrobe malfunction:
"I think you're showing a little there."
I looked and saw maybe one tiny little corner showing one tiny little piece of Bratz Sleepover Fabric. I redraped the cart.
"You should get a RUG to cover the items," she helpfully continued.
Whatever. The gifts are home, my credit card is in flames, and I feel at one with the Universe.










6 comments:
Fun stuff! I bought some for my nephew. Hopefully he will like them.
Keep smilin!
Congrats on the Magnetix! I was about to offer to mail you some, since I found them here.
if moon sand is the sand that clumps together and holds shapes, then I know in atlanta, most of the children's museums/zoos sell it. If you have such places in your town give them a call !
mommie doris
That's sweet Madeline is watching out for you. Now, does she know the deal with Santa or just figuring it will be a gift from you? I hope my oldest helps us keep it up with the little one when he catches on.
I stumbled upon your blog when I was searching the internet for the elusive Moonsand. I wanted to let you know that Deltasand is the same as Moon Sand. It is marketed for physical therapy and schools. Here is a site where I found it reasonably priced with low shipping. Use NACCP as a promotional code for a discount.
http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?category=0&keyword=deltasand
I love your writing style and stories.
Merry Christmas! Your children are beautiful!
"I think you're showing a little there"!! That is just too funny. Good thing you have a non-believer to help you out!
Post a Comment