Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Dead Cats and Dead Bats

My family is currently trying to liquidate the estate of my aunt, who passed away in February. We all miss her.

Her house was jammed to the rafters with stuff. While it made me certainly question why we all need so much stuff, such navel-gazing introspection was interrupted by my excitement at finding shoes! outfits! furniture! jewelry! in her house.

The nastiest thing we've found so far has been steaks from 1982 in her freezer, canned goods that had exploded from old age, and a dead bat carcass in her kitchen. Way up high.

The auctioneer came out this week and we apologized for all the stuff! clutter! mess!

He took it all in stride. "Aw...he commented....that's nothin'! This one house I did, the lady had dead cats all over the place. Ever' time we found one, we'd just toss it in a pile."

eww....

3 comments:

Malach the Merciless said...

I have a nice recipe for dead bats . . .

carolinagirl79 said...

Do tell!! (g)

Anonymous said...

Piles of dead cats. You just made my day!

So how do you know this is me? If I'm anonymous? Oh. I guess I should sign my name.

--Jane

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs