Monday, January 02, 2012

New Year Resolutions



Happy 2012.

I've been pretty absent from this blog, and I apologize.

I never make New Year resolutions, because it just means that I feel guilty when I break them, but this year, I've decided to be different and make them.

1. I resolve to be realistic about this blog. I am going to write whatever I want, whenever I want, and not worry about making a million dollars a year from it.

2. I resolve to accept the fact that old friends who have disappeared from my life were never really friends in the first place.

3. I resolve to accept the fact that one true, good friend is worth one hundred ephemeral "friends" who have vanished from my life. I resolve to LISTEN to my friends when they talk to me.

4. I resolve to stop being in pain. I have a lot of reasons to be in pain. A painful disease, a dying mother, financial worries.....I resolve to take the medicine I need to stop the pain without feeling guilty. I resolve to deal with my mother by simply saying a short prayer for her every time I think of her and not wallowing in guilt, shame, sadness, things that can never be fixed, etc.

5. I resolve to win my disability case with Social Security.

6. I resolve to touch up my roots faithfully.

7. I resolve to be grateful for my blessings.

8. I resolve to save all of my receipts.

9. I resolve to stop eating gallons of peppermint ice cream (my particular brand of crack)

10. I resolve to forget about all the bad things that have happened. The people who caused me pain and anguish certainly aren't thinking about me. I am not wasting my time thinking about them.

So.....That's it for me. How about you?

No comments:

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs