
CAKE!!!
CAKE MURDER!!!
Okay, when I saw this picture I almost cried. Tears gathered at my lovely blue eyes. But I choked them back. Unable to speak, I pined to join a pool betting on how long the wedding would last and win so I could buy a cake like this.
Ladies and Gentlemen, in all seriousness, that zillion dollar cake could have been donated to a homeless shelter, but instead was thrown in the trash. Who does that with the top of their wedding cake?
Yes, the wedding was definitely faked. The amount of money spent on this wedding was, in today's economy, obscene.
Yet, I cared enough to write an article about it, entirely ignoring the fact that SEO engines might bring me some hits. The people who come here aren't going to stick around to hear about a fibromyalgia stricken adopted adult with a couple of surly Chinese tweens who talked their mother into going out Black Friday night and spending an obscene amount of money on clothes at Kohl's. Just because Madeleine was down to one pair of jeans that fit her. In my day we just washed the one pair of jeans we owned on rocks every night.
Hope y'all had a good Thanksgiving.
Here is what I am thankful for.
I HAVE A SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY HEARING DATE!!!!!! In February. Please send positive thoughts into the atmosphere for me. This would ease our financial worries so much.
Roger's surgery is over with.
Madeleine's braces will soon be off, and I'll get to start making payments on Meredith's. Hey, at least I won't get out of the habit of doing so!! And by the time Meredith's are off, we can start making payments on college tuition.
Another thing I wonder--is a 4 year liberal arts degree one of those things you have to get even though it can bankrupt you and may never prove to be of any financial worth? My friends' kids are either taking jobs that they would have sneered at when they were 16, going back to a tech college to be plumbers and nurses, or simply sitting in their room riffling through their student loan bills and sobbing hysterically, often joined by their parents.
My grandparents told me parents to get a practical degree or they wouldn't pay--so did my parents say to me. I guess I'll carry on the tradition. I got a BA in broadcast journalism. It has helped me tremendously. It helped me take pictures, learn to make movies, and helped me learn how to write.....
More on that later. Hope you had a good holiday and are ready for the Christmas/Hanukkah madness to begin.
Peace out,
Lorrie










No comments:
Post a Comment