It's Snow Week in South Carolina. Roger lost 2 days of work-unpaid. The third school day has been called for tomorrow. I have two bottles on the floor next to my desk. One contained a small amount of champagne left over from New Year's and one contained a small amount of wine left over from New Year's. Don't worry, I'm not getting blotto, just trying to clean out the refrigerator.
I baked brownies yesterday and I'm fixing to make sugar cookies and polish off the last small bit of champagne from the other bottle left over from New Year's Day.
I've enjoyed interacting with Madeleine, if by "interacting" you mean "watching her chat on Facebook, text on her cell, and talk on the house phone" simultaneously and interacting with Meredith if by "interacting" you mean "watching her play in the snow for 45 seconds before she remembers she was reared up heah in the Land O'Cotton, where 100 degree weather is never forgotten." I can't even get my camera warmed up before she's back inside.
And the dogs scream in unison when gently urged to go outside to eliminate,
"SURELY YOU DO NOT EXPECT US TO WALK ON THIS ICY SNOW!"
Yes, I do.....












3 comments:
My kids have missed TWO WEEKS for snow now, plus two weeks for Christmas. And I'm trying to work at home. And the kids' computer is on the fritz! Pity me. If it were summer, I'd tell them to go away, but it's too cold and icy to go anywhere.
It's 70 degrees here today. Thanks for reminding me of why I moved away from snow!
LOL! I thought we were safe in SC. We usually have a little flurry and that's that.
The kids are going stir crazy. Roger just took them to the mall. Hopefully they'll calm down before I have to break out St. Joseph's Valium for Children.
Goodbye spring break, I guess....(sobs)
Post a Comment