Saturday, August 28, 2010
Explosives and Burn Injuries And Ignorant Photographers
I finally got my camera cord to work, and I'm kind of proud of this picture. I shot it myself.
I still know very little about photography. I really want to take lessons. My idea of learning about photography is to carry my 400 page Nikon instruction book out to the sidewalk on the 4th while adults and children alike are assembling potentially lethal explosives, note absently that my childen are doing their best to seriously harm themselves, ignore that and thumb through the section in the book entitled "Night Shooting" using my cigarette lighter to read, punch a few buttons, sacrifice a goat for good luck and click.
So the pictures finally loaded on the computer the camera and showed them to the family. I certainly had no expectation that I would get any compliments on the pictures. Good thing. Not only did they ignore the pictures all they could talk about was how badly they were injured in the manner of combat vets rehashing battles:
"I remember that. I burned my finger."
"That's nothing. I burned half of my arm."
"Remember when Jennifer almost lost the tip of her toe when a sparkler fell on it?"
"That's nothing. I actually died from my wounds and came back to life."
Eh, whatever. Go play Warlock-Explosion-Grand-Spaceship-Theft-Auto with your Triple X WII and leave me alone. I'm looking for online photography classes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment