Wednesday, August 05, 2009

There Ain't No Cure For The Summertime Blues


Or is there?
It's the week between summer school and fall semester and court isn't demanding at the moment (even judges go on vacations) so we decided two things:
****
****
1. We'd vacation.
2. At home.
****
****
Thing about it is--we have a pool. We have a nice house. We love our waterbed (yeah I know, but it's so comfortable!)
****
****
Why spend $180/night in a crowded, sandy hotel room just to watch the waves? I don't like to swim in the ocean and the pool at our favorite dive is teensy.
So! We're swimming, sleeping late, treating ourselves to fancy dinners, and having a ball.
****
****
At the same time I decided I would do ONE hideously horrible errand every day. So far:
****
****
MONDAY. I took an old cross stitch out of its frame, washed it, ironed it, and took it in to be reframed. Updated Blogger picture.
TUESDAY. Cleaned out email.
WEDNESDAY: Change house & auto insurance to AARP.
THURSDAY: Get roots touched up & perhaps an eye exam.
FRIDAY: Take kids to water park. Now that might be fun, or not. I'm tempted to fill an innocent looking thermos with some lethal punch just in case.
****
****
And we will have some fun company on Saturday to look forward to.
****
****
Well, hope everybody else is enjoying the rest of the summer, and I will cyaltr.

No comments:

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs