Sunday, February 10, 2008

Ah Am Sick, Y'all

I've been sick.

It all started on Thursday and I raced home from work and collapsed in bed without even changing out of my work clothes and passed out for 6 hours. Since then, I've mostly been lying around reading trashy novels. I don't know if it's "cycling"--which is something you do when you take Guaifenisen for fibromyalgia. You feel worse while you're healing as the Guai pulls the excess phosphates out of your system. I've gotten spoiled though. I've been feeling pretty darn good lately.

Two things: 1. I wake up with a minor dull ache in my back. I'm bored even typing that sentence but I am using this blog to detail my journey on Guai, so I guess I'll throw that in. 2. The next thing I've been experiencing is just weird. I've been having long, strange, incredibly real and incredibly detailed dreams. Friday night I dreamed that I was starring in a 50s musical with Lucille Ball and George Burns that was being filmed in black and white. Yeah, I TOLD you they were weird dreams!!!

Last night was the worst. I dreamed that I visited the Ex-Big-Love with my husband and mother and then they left to go on vacation to Florida and I was left with him. I was supposed to call them when I finished with the visit and they would then turn back and pick me up. But I didn't want them to come back. I was enjoying being with him so much, and trying to figure out how to get him back, knowing all the while it would never work, and that the longer I stayed the madder my mom and husband would be, having to drive back to pick me up. Then I spilled orange soda all over his carpet. Now somebody tell me what the heck all that means. In the meantime, I'm feeling vaguely human again so it's time to load the dishwasher.

My sister has been handing things on the Mom Front with her usual efficiency and thoroughness while I've been laid out. She got the car away from Mom saying it needed to be fixed, which it does, and it's still in the shop. Mom is starting to get antsy about her car. She drives about 10 miles an hour and only to a few places but we still think she ought to stop. But we have not figured out a way to do so because we are still scared of her. She is MOM, after all. We are not used to telling our Mom what to do. (shudder). We missed my aunt's funeral on Saturday because Mom was sick and so was I. The lawyer is starting on some paperwork and I tried to follow along but my head is swimming and it was all Greek, but this needs to be signed and this needs to be filed and this money needs to be transferred somewhere and whatever can I go pass out now?

We both got to thinking today how much fun we would be having if Daddy was alive and Mom was her old self. Regrets, I have a few.

Oh! Madeleine's boyfriend broke up with her. They are now "just friends." She called him a "cheating cheeseburger" because he told kids at school that she broke up with him when he actually broke up with her. He called her today to invite her over to play and she said No and he said "Good!" and she hung up on him. Two hours later, she and Meredith were over playing at his house. A tempestuous relationship, to be sure. I'm taking notes for a romance novel. Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

M&Co. said...

Guaifenisen gives me the worst nightmares!

Margaret

Anonymous said...

It would certainly be for the best if you managed to keep your mother from driving again ... imagine if she was in an accident or got lost miles from home in her car. We've had both happen to family members with Alzheimers ... it may be heart-wrenching to do this to her, but much better than the guilt, kwim?

ummmhello said...

Crazy dreams, woman! Hope you're better soon. I dread the time when my mother needs to stop driving. We tried to talk my grandfather into giving up the keys, but he's having no part of it.

Anonymous said...

Erm. You are quite, quite sure that Roger is infertile? Because the symptoms you are describing sound a lot like...

Well, yeah. Then again, what do I know about Fibromyalgia and Guai? What I'm learning from your blog, that's what. So I'll add -- fatigue...weird dreams...and...weird dull lower back ache to the list of symptoms related to THOSE things.

Sorry, I do sincerely hope this isn't the most obnoxious comment EVER. But that was the first thing that sprang to my mind and I did actually go to review your archives to check on your, ah, fertility situation, having not actually known (and not being quite enough of a dolt, evidence in present comment notwithstanding, to assume that all adoptive parents are infertile).

carolinagirl79 said...

No chance Alex! (chuckle) I had a hyst in 2006.

Anonymous said...

LOL, aha. And doh, obviously I should also have said...do hope you feel better soon. 'Til then, trashy novels sound like the way to go.

Elaine said...

I have the most interesting and bizzaro dreams as well - ever since getting sick (CFIDs diagnosed 2002)- I've learned to just go with them and often wake up laughing hysterically at myself!

John & Michelle said...

please read my last post...it's very important to me!
Thanks,
Michelle

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs