Saturday, February 16, 2008

Welcome VA Visitors!

Welcome to my blog, Violent Acres readers! VA-loved the Dooce post, and I'm sorry your mother was so cruel. P.S, I voted for the $500.00.


Hope you guys stay and take a look around. Sorry all the recent posts are so depressing. But believe it or not I've thought of your Mother many times recently VA as we go through crisis after crisis with Mom. She was a great mother. She deserves, and will get, the best we can give her. I've read blogs about kids who pay for their parent's nursing home even though their parent was horrible. I'm not that noble.

Yes, I'm afraid that somehow my daughter, although she was only "born in my heart," somehow managed to inherit my mouth filled with um, poorly placed teeth. I wrote a post about it last year.

Here I am at 9.


Third Grade-The worst is yet to come. The teeth, they went haywire.

Seventh grade--My eyes! My eyes!!!

A truly horrifying shot just before I convinced my parents that I needed braces.

This wasn't easy. My thrifty parents were horrified at the cost of braces (1200!!! In 1971!!!) and made me call orthodontists to find out who charged the least. You get what you pay for, I guess, because I ended up wearing braces twice. He screwed up and had to put them back on during my senior year. I graduated high school in braces, a vision of loveliness to be sure. I'll post a picture if I can find one.

After four years of tin teeth, I guess it worked out ok:

Straight teeth, horrible perm.-1985

Every dime that I make on this blog goes into a Madeleine Braces Fund. The orthodontist has already had a look and wants to hold off on braces till her jaw grows or something. That's good, because so far I've only made $200.00 or so.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so FUCKING funny! OMG!

I am laughing my ass off!

Drinks to you next time I am in the beloved hometown!!!!!!!

VA is entertaining, but YOU, my dear, are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!!!!!

Julianna

Miss Cellania said...

Aren't you glad straight teeth last longer than a permanent?

My oldest just got braces. The braces themselves are much simpler and less painful than in the last century.

ummmhello said...

Your teeth (and I'm sure, hair) came out just fine :)
My older son needs braces, so says the dentist. Yeah, I didn't need DDS after my name to know that!

Anonymous said...

I'm here from VA and I just want to say that you handled this PERFECTLY. In fact, you are going into my reader. I read VA because there are times when her posts are not that bad. But a personal attack on a random bloggers child? I just dont go for it. But I am thankful she led me here, in her twisted way. I'll keep reading.

carolinagirl79 said...

Thank you miss. Nice to "meet" you!

Anonymous said...

That's the beauty of life. Yes, braces can be bought and those little flaws of nature can be fixed. But all the money in the world can't buy class, dignity, self respect or a soul.

You handled this like a pro.

joeljackson09@gmail.com said...

Truly very pricey! I never thought that braces could be that expansive. It might have been priced like that because the materials then are quite expensive. That made the dental equipments now appear affordable! I'm glad that the braces solved your alignment problems. My brother had been using invisalign, Chicago installed, for some years now. It is an innovation of the metal type because this one is barely noticeable and is actually removable. Next month he would have 'graduated' from such treatment. Next up, he'd be trying some teeth whitening (Chicago) procedure to make his smile even brighter.

Hope you're daughter's braces would be a success. Thanks!

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs