Thursday, January 24, 2008

Martha Stewart Would Be So Proud

Please admire the beauty-ful table decoration that I am presenting to you today.

See, it all started when the kids found an old container of white spray paint. They decided to paint some pinecones. I looked at them and thought well, I could do worse, so I put them in a bowl on my table.

Then I noticed that Madeleine had created some works of art. What you're seeing are toothpicks held together with torn up Gummi Bear Fish Oil Vitamins that the brats refused to eat. I topped the pinecones with the artistic creations to add a little color to the table.

I suppose they managed to "inherit" the craft gene from my mother, who had a little too much spare time in the 70s and would decorate anything that would hold still. I remember her using leftover bleach bottles, spraying them with gold paint, and turning them into the tackiest angels you'd ever want to find. I remember the washing machine agitator she ripped out of an old washing machine and sprayed green. She then glued tiny ornaments to it and placed it on an old mirror and topped the mirror with some hideous looking silver tinsel and glitter. That was our Christmas tree dinner decoration.

Ah, the title of my second book. ONE HUNDRED TACKY HOME DECORATIONS. This could be the cover!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

beagle said...

Love it!
I seriously think you're on to something with that book idea!

Old Lady said...

You should definitely take pictures, write up directions and publish that. If a real publisher won't pick it up, self-publish and put ads in Woman's World, and you'd sell a million copies.

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs