Sunday, May 06, 2007

Carly Simon, First Communion, Ballet Recital, And Springtime

Busy days. Sorry for the lack of posts.
Was listening to some Carly Simon tonight.
We can never know about the times to come
But we think about them anyway




And I tell you...how easy it feels to be with you


And how right your arms feel around me



I rehearsed those words just late last night
When I was thinking about how right tonight might be

And tomorrow we might not be together

I'm no prophet and I don't know nature's ways

But I'll try to see into your eyes right now

And stay right here
'Cause these are the good old days

15 comments:

J said...

Awww, very sweet. Congrats to your gal.

Miss Cellania said...

Beautiful pictures. You must be proud. They grow up too fast!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos. I'm not Catholic but did notice the crowds of young boys in white suits and young girls in what appeared to be wedding dresses outside the church in my town. I respect the communion ritual, but I have to say I found the wedding dresses for 10 year olds vaguely pedophilic. If you don't mind, can you enlighten a poor protestant?

-Elise

carolinagirl79 said...

Elise,

I'm new to all this Catholic stuff. I grew up Episcopalian. I did notice that the Hispanic girls at our church were wearing "wedding" dresses and all other ethnic groups were wearing "dressy white". I am not sure why this is the case.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures!

Daisy Martin said...

That was such a sweet post!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!

My SIL, who is Catholic, calls the really frou-frou communion dresses "Cuban dresses." She picked that up from her time living in South Florida. She's a laid-back Californian, and suffice it to say, my nieces did NOT have Cuban dresses. They looked a lot more like Madeleine's dress.

Edie

TBG Happenings said...

The children are dressed as First Communicants. The white is symbolic of the purity and reflects the white worn in Baptisim. The girls wear veils as a right of passage from when woman would wear something to cover their heads when they attended Mass. In the past after a girl made her First Communion she would wear a head covering like the other "women" of the parish when attending Mass.

Some cultures, especially latin cultures the girls will wear long dresses and are a little more "fancy" than their anglo friends.

As for your girls they looked beautiful! Congratulations!

-Maryellen

Wendy said...

wonderful pictures... the girls look so happy... Congradulation to them both.

LilySea said...

Very cute. How'd you convince her to wear the dress?
; )

Kate said...

Beautiful...congratulations! I just discovered your blog and I love it. I was drawn to the picture on this post of your daughter with the older lady..what a beautiful picture! God's Blessings on your family!

kerri said...

Beautiful photos, cherished memories.Thank you for sharing such a special day.

Anonymous said...

Lori (sp?) I thought of your & your girls when I saw this:
http://stores.ebay.com/Love-Without-Boundaries-Store_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfclZ3QQfsubZQ2d33QQftidZ2QQtZkm

insanemommy said...

I so enjoyed you sharing your story with all of us. Your daughter's are precious. I know you are proud as punch of them.

Rony

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness - the picture of the girlfriends brought tears to my eyes! They are all beautiful.
Congratulations!
Jennifer

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs