Sunday, March 05, 2006

When Two People Love Each Other Very Much


So I'm raking leaves in the backyard today and Madeleine appears on the back porch.

Madeleine: Mommy, I want to talk about sex.

Me: (without pausing for breath) Well, you know, that's the way that two ADULTS show that they love each other, and of course you need to remember that this type of conversation is private, and you shouldn't talk about it in front of your teacher or your granny, and you know that if anybody tries to touch your "bathing suit parts" that you should always tell Mommy and Daddy, and of course you know that you can always come to Mommy and Daddy to talk about this, but remember that nice young ladies don't talk about this in public, ok?

Madeleine: I looked it up in the dictionary and it says that there are two sexes, "male" and "female". That's all I wanted to tell you.

Me: Oh! Okay.

3 comments:

Johnny said...

Ha-ha-ha-ha.

But wait? Aren't you a lawyer? Shouldn't you do the inquisitive method first before coming back with "the answer"?

But yeah, I can see your mind racing 100 miles an hour.

pant-pant-pant.

Miss Cellania said...

You got off easy that time. But you've still got the nuts-and-bolts questions ahead. I'm SO glad to be past the "big one" already!

They get more embarassing as time goes by. I would NEVER have considered asking my parents about their sex life, but my kids have no problem asking me! Of course, the answers are easy when you have none.

Kristin said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!

They make fools of us everytime...

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs