Wednesday, March 29, 2006

My Mom Is Going To The Prom

Me....So, mom, I need a babysitter for Saturday night.
Mom: What are you doing?
Me: Well, I have a date to the prom.
Mom: WHAT???
Me: Yeah, Ipod High invites faculty and staff.
Mom: THAT'S SO EXCITING! WHAT ARE YOU GOIN' TO WEAH?
Me: I have this green silk dress.
Mom: well, you have to wear stockings, you know (I loathe them)
Me: Yes ma'am.
Mom: What's Roger wearing?
Me: He rented a tux today, with a green cummerbund and necktie to match my dress and the school colors.
Mom: You're won't be late? I have church on Sunday.
Me: No ma'am.
Mom: You're not goin' to be drinking are you? (This is a serious question)
Me: No ma'am. You warned me about that, remember?
Mom: (laughs) Just behave y'self.
Me: I blogged about it, and I even took a picture of that dress you made me...
Mom: (laughs) Y'think the girls will ever wear it?
Me: Not unless the theme for Prom Night 2016 is 'Little House On The Prairie.' Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Granny said...

I hope you have a wonderful time. My mom is now 93 and I'm sure we'd be having the same conversation.

Stinky Mouse said...

Me and my wife's first date was our high school's homecoming formal our senior year. That was the fall of 1978.

...We didn't behave ourselves.

Miss Cellania said...

She warned you about that drinking, did she? Thirty years ago, huh?

Gotta listen to Mom!

CJ said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun! Enjoy yourselves!!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, you seem to have a very well put together blog here!

Regards,
Disposable Camera

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs