Friday, March 31, 2006

Do-over

me-1978

How many times in life do you get a do-over?

It's such fun to be 17 again and have a date with a cute basketball star to go to the prom. Even though I'm afraid I'll have to bleach my eyes after watching half-naked hoochie mamas dirty dancing to rap music and imagining my precious innercent babeee girls being fondled by some unwashed pimply adolescent in a few oh so short years.

My whole life keeps flashing in front of me like a bad Powerpoint Slide presentation and I'm fantasizing about all the moments that I'd like to do over.

Like that first meeting with my college academic advisor when I was also 17.

1976:
Dr. Sederberg: So, young lady, what would you like to do with your life?
Me (dewy eyed) I'd like to get a PhD and be an English professor!
Dr. S: (snorts loudly). Honey, I've got 14 English Phds driving cabs right now!
Me: (sighs) Oh, ok. I guess I'll be a lawyer then.

I can think of a few moments though that I wouldn't do over for the world.

1991:
Helen: I have a friend named Roger I'd like to fix you up with. He's really nice.
Me: (snorting) All right, what's wrong with him? I bet he's a real dog. If you can't think of anything else but "nice" to say about him, forget it!
Helen: You picky bitch. Just come on. It's only one night of your life.

1997:
Hmm. I wonder if there's anything on the internet about China adoption? Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Johnny said...

I wanna story about you and Roger's blind date!

Miss Cellania said...

Me too! And that 1978 picture is HOT!

carolinagirl79 said...

Thanks Miss Cellania. I didn't look like that when I got turned down for the prom in high school. By 1978 my college girlfriends taught me how to style my hair and I had the horrible braces off.

Anonymous said...

Hope you got to doo all the romantic things you wanted and generally a wonderful time at the prom!

CJ said...

Woo hoo! You look very 1978-ish! What a great photo! I won't mention that I was less than a year old when that photo was taken....WOOPS! Hee hee!

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs