
I was trying to return some shoes to Walmart on Sunday night. There was this cheerful guy on the return desk running around hollaing at everybody. Most of the support desk staff are sort of surly, but this guy was On, baby. On.
"Got another abortion!" he'd holla. I have no idea what he was talking about, I suppose a return that was not completed? Anyway the whole crew would sniff disdainfully and move a few inches away from him each time he screamed this.
We got up to the front. I handed him the shoes. He lifted them up to check for wear.
"WHEREJA GET THESE TWO LITTLE BEAUTIES!" he hollered, looking at the shoes.
I looked at him like people are always looking at me.
To wit: I wonder what planet you came from?
"From The Sh-0e De-part-ment," I replied, carefully enunciating every word.
"I MEANT THOSE TWO LIL OL' KIDS THERE!" he hollered, pointing at the girls, who were staring at him fascinated.
"Oh!" I giggled uncontrollably. "Sorry!"










6 comments:
Haha! Thats the best answer yet for that question!
Sounds like quite an outing to good ol' Wallie World!
I just about fell out of my chair laughing at this! I had a sudden image of your two gorgeous girls nestled inside shoes in the Wal Mart... and you snatching them up because CUTE! LOL
I am so curious, though... why would people think you are/were "heathen" just because you were adopted?
OMG, milk just about came out of my nose as I am eating breakfast while reading your blog!
We are currently in the "waiting for our referral" stage of adopting from China and have been wondering how to address the issue when people ask - in front of my child - where I got her. Now I have a possible answer!
Thanks for making me laugh!
Jennifer
Wow, it takes all kinds doesnt it?? BTW, your daughter is gorgeous!
Shari,
I'm sort of making fun of the idea that one must adopt a child from China in order to rescue her from being a heathen, which I find ludicrous. The God I pray to isn't going to send little babies from China to hell if they aren't adopted and raised in a Christian home.
Post a Comment