Wednesday, May 10, 2006

THE BALLET RECITAL-A PICTORAL ESSAY


PART ONE-HAIR CARE

The torture required to get straight Asian hair to curl should be banned by the Geneva Convention.

Unlike last fall, where howls and wiggles and moans and screams were the defense weapons, Madeleine (7 1/2) decided to try a new tactic--pathos.

"Oh Mom, I wish you wouldn't make my hair all poufy," she sighed. "It's so embarassing."

So I fell back on a tried and true parental defense--blame somebody else.

"Sorry, them's the rules," I replied, busily twisting and turning the curling iron.

Meredith (above) got through it ok, and the result gave me a brief glimpse into the future, when that face and hairdo might be pictured on an Annual Report from a Fortune 500 company.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

brainhell said...

Your daughters are lovely, and I notice that their smile is like yours. I see something of her preschool teacher in my daughter, and I think it's a nice influence. Stupid question: Are they related at all, or from different birth parents?

carolinagirl79 said...

No blood relations, in fact their home provinces don't even speak the same language. Madeleine-Mandarin and Meredith-Cantonese

Miss Cellania said...

I think I'm getting off easy- our recital "regulations" call for buns.

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs