Saturday, April 15, 2006

Thirteen Kisses

The kids and Roger were out for Spring Break this week.

Madeleine let us know right smart quick that it was going to be a long week because she was going to be separated from her boyfriend. That's him in the picture. Their friendship goes back to the diaper days.

Sunday she came to her father with the phone. "I know you hate to call people, Mommy," she began. "But I must talk to Boyfriend. Daddy, will you call him?" Daddy, who hates the phone as much as Mommy, obligingly dialed the number. Madeleine keeled over with giggles. I'll have to say, Boyfriend is a gentleman. They chatted for awhile and then he asked to talk to Meredith and Roger.

"Mr. Roger, when are we gonna hang out?" he asked.

It was agreed that a play date would happen. Boyfriend would be back in touch soon.

Tuesday Madeleine came to me on the back porch and grabbed my arm.

"Why hasn't he called?" she wailed.

"Because he's a man?" I wanted to reply.

Instead, I reminded her that their love was true and deep and I was sure that he would call soon. Indeed he did and a play date was set for Thursday.

He came over and they went to the park and played. Roger wouldn't let them kiss on the lips, but Madeleine told me that they kissed each other on the cheek THIRTEEN TIMES.

There's only one problem. She wants him to take her last name when they get married, and he wants her to take his last name. Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

tell them to figure out who has the best (easiest) last name and take that one. and there usually is a clear winner on the last names. i should have made my hubby take mine. kris

Kelly Hain said...

Wow.. what beautiful children! That is an amazing picture of them. Happy Spring Break.. and Easter too!

Granny said...

The girls' parents were never married (big surprise) but they took their mom's name because their dad's would have caused unbearable teasing all their lives.

Parker is better than Wrinkles.

Miss Cellania said...

This had me laughing! At least this young man will talk to his future in-laws... I;m glad my kid and her Brazilian boyfriend don;t do any cheek-kissing yet. Or phoning.

pithydithy said...

What gorgeous kids! That boyfriend is mighty cute-- I can see 13 times. But the name thing...hmmm, y'all are going to have to figure this one out. Perhaps they can just swap names?

Anonymous said...

My sister and her husband combind their two last names and made a new one. Could they try that?

Linda said...

Perhaps they could hyphenate?

brainhell said...

They'll take as their name the corporation they work for, as will all people in the near future: Taco-Bell.

Anonymous said...

Could he be ANY cuter?? I had a terrible crush on a boy who looked just like him when I was in 2,3 & 4th grade. Then he moved away, but not because of my crush. I hope.

Anonymous said...

well, its nice to know I'm not the only one out there with an in-law at such an early age! but shhhhh! its a secret.

my son plans to marry his very best friend. a short while back he told her that after they get married, they will move back to China. after the initial shock, she took it fairly well especially when i told her it was going to be a few years and that we would do a lot of visiting. i understand she is working very hard in chinese school now that she knows theres a darn good reason.

Anonymous said...

I didn't change my name when I got married, because . . . well, my last is *way* cooler than my husband's last name.

That's a good reason, right?

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs